Optima Coatings Durablend 500 is a styrene-butadiene (SBR) copolymer latex specifically designed for use with cement compositions. It is used in mortar and concretes as an admixture to increase resistance to water penetration, improve abrasion resistance and durability. It is used with cement as a reliable water-resistant bonding agent.
- Concrete repair: Spalled concrete, repairing floors, beams and pre-cast slabs.
- Floor screeds and toppings: Abrasion resistant and non-dusting floors, underlay for special finishes, mild chemical and effluent-resistant floors.
- Fixing slip bricks and tiles.
- External rendering: Waterproof, weatherproof and frost resistant render.
- Waterproofing and tanking: Basements, lift pits, inspection pits, water towers, liquid tanks, effluent tanks and
- Corrosion protection of steel.
- Quick hardening.
- Excellent adhesion to steel and concrete. Adheres well to brick, glass, asphalt, wood, expanded polystyrene and most building materials.
- Increased durability and toughness.
- Increased resistance to water penetration.
- Improved flexibility and reduced shrinkage.
- Prevents bleeding.
- Lower water-cement ratio.
- Good abrasion resistance.
- Good resistance to frost, salt permeation, most chemicals and mineral oil.
- Prolonged corrosion protection.
- Proven performance.
- Similar thermal expansion and modulus properties to concrete (unlike resin mortars and primers).
- Non-toxic. Can be used with potable water.
- More economical than epoxy or polyester resin mortar.
For all normal use: Mix 5 litres of Optima Coatings Durablend 500 per 50kg of cement.
20 litres of Durablend 500 mixed with OPC type 1 cement will provide a smooth slurry which will cover 20m², dependant on substrate porosity and thickness applied.
For extreme conditions or when adhesion, waterproofing, water vapour resistance or chemical resistance is important: The dosage should be increased to 10 litres of Durablend 500 per 50kg cement. The water addition required for this increased dosage is low and therefore the use of wet aggregate may result in excessive workability.
25L & 200L