Optima Coatings Duramortar 500 is a single component acrylic polymer modified repair mortar for use as a “fairing coat” or cosmetic mortar. Duramortar 500 can be mixed with water to form a fine grey trowellable mortar which can be used to fill in pores, blowholes and blemishes on a concrete surface. Duramortar 500 can also be used as a ‘skim’ coat prior to the application of protective coatings. Duramortar 500 is specially formulated to produce a shrinkage compensating mortar with no cracking when applied in a thin section.
Optima Coatings Duramortar 500 can be used as a fairing or skim coat to cover and make good blemishes in concrete surfaces such as slight honeycombing, blowholes, defects caused by ‘sand runs’, patch repairs, shutter movement and grout loss.
- Preparatory treatment to concrete to receive a thin film protective coating.
- To produce a uniform surface over repaired areas.
- Requires only the addition of mixing water.
- Shrinkage compensating.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete.
- Smooth, easily produced finish.
- Low permeability.
- Excellent resistance to freeze / thaw action and carbonation.
- Prevents the ingress of water borne salts, such as chloride and atmospheric / chemical attack.
- Subsequent paint coats can be applied with greater economy.
One 25kg bag of Optima Coatings Duramortar 500 will typically yield 16 litres of mortar and will cover approximately 6.3m² at a 2.5mm thickness.
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.