Duramortar 520 R
Optima Coatings Duramortar 520 R, is a ready-to-use cement based structural repair mortar in powder form. When mixed with the correct amount of water, it produces a thixotropic, high strength repair mortar, reinforced with acrylic polymer fibres. It possesses excellent bonding characteristics to steel reinforcement and to concrete.
- Repairs to reinforced or pre-stressed beams or columns.
- Protection of concrete subject to attack from water containing chlorides and sulphates etc.
- Repair of structural members subjected to repetitive loading.
- Repairs in marine environments.
- Repairs in industrial areas, especially those containing mineral oils or lubricants.
- All types of structural repair which can be applied by trowel or wet spray.
- Shrinkage compensation – reduces the risk of cracking due to shrinkage and ensures full contact with host
concrete and load transfer in structural repair situations.
- No primer required – allows rapid application at reduced cost.
- Can be spray applied – rapid application of large quantities.
- Low rebound – when spray applied rebound is minimal, with subsequent saving in material cost.
- Extremely low permeability – gives excellent resistance to attack by aggressive elements.
- Contains no metallic aggregate and is chloride free.
One 25kg bag of Optima Coatings Duramortar 520 R with 3.5 litres of added water will yield approximately 12.5 litres of mortar and will cover 1m² at a 12.6mm average thickness.
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.