Durashield 820 is a highly elastic, crack bridging and UV stable waterproofing and protective coating. It is a blend of cement, graded silica sands and a synthetic polymer dispersion supplied in an easy to mix 15kg kit.
- Under tile waterproofing on balconies, bathrooms and shower cubicles.
- Parapet walls, flower boxes, water features and ponds
- Most civil structures.
- Waterproofing and corrosion protection of: beams and columns, concrete ceilings and walls, bridges, silos and concrete towers.
- Farm dams and reservoirs.
- High flexibility and long term durability.
- Crack bridging capability up to 3mm.
- Weather and UV stable.
- Resistant to carbonation and ingress of chloride ions.
- 100% waterproof but permeable to water vapour.
- Protects reinforced concrete against corrosion.
- Excellent adhesion to most substrates.
- Safe for food contact and for use in potable water storage vessels.
1.5 – 2kg per m² per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application. Resulting in a dry film thickness of 2mm for two coats.
Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.