Durashield 850 HB
Optima Coatings Durashield 850 HB is a premium quality, environmentally safe, energy saving, elastomeric, single pack roof coating based on high-tech polymer chemistry formulations. Based on special acrylic polymers, it is ideal for dry substrate where it forms a seamless, joint free, water and weather tight elastic membrane.
- To waterproof new roofs.
- To extend the life of older roofs.
- To re-coat an existing elastomeric coating and roofs (which may be asphalt, build-up modified bitumen, asbestos cement, terrazzo tiles and concrete) porches, patios, walkways and ramps.
- The substrate may be horizontal or inclined therefore the ideal answer for waterproofing domes and corrugated steel sheeting etc.
- Cures to form a durable, tough, yet flexible and elastic waterproof membrane.
- Provides a uniform, seamless and jointless membrane.
- Ensures complete binding with the substrate, hence preventing water travel beneath the membrane even if it is damaged.
- Excellent durability and resistant to ageing and UV radiation.
- Reflects more than 90% of the sun’s radiation. That is more than 8 times more reflective than typical gravel roof surfaces and 15 to 80% more reflective than aluminised surfaces.
- Lowers roof surface temperatures substantially, by as much as 28˚C in summer.
- Reduces building cooling loads, thus saving energy and reducing electricity bills.
- Accepts foot traffic.
- Long term performance over a wide temperature range from -5˚C to +80˚C.
- Non-toxic and non-hazardous therefore environment and user friendly.
- Non-flammable as a liquid compound.
- Easy and convenient to apply to irregular surfaces.
- Superior elasticity and recovery properties.
- Provides an attractive, lasting reflective waterproofing surface.
Approximately 2kg per m², resulting in a dry film thickness of ±1 mm..
Satin White, Grey and custom colours volume dependant
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.