DURASHIELD AC PRIMER
Durashield AC Primer is a water-based penetrative primer used to seal both interior and exterior weathered asbestos or non-asbestos (Nutec) fibre cement roof sheets by penetrating through existing fungus, lichen and degraded asbestos to a suitable surface and by binding all of these unstable elements.
The primer also has anti-fungal and algae additives to eliminate regrowth of lichen and moss. It forms part of the OPTIMA COATINGS DURASHIELD ASBESTOS
ENCAPSULATION SYSTEM when used in conjunction with Durashield 850 HB for external weather exposed environments.
Available in 5L & 20L containers
1 litre per 4 to 6 m² per coat depending on porosity of surface.
- Easy to apply – no skilled labour required.
- Compatible with most surfaces.
- Limits the growth and spreading of lichen and moss (fungi and algae) on the asbestos roof sheeting.
- Economical and no specialized equipment is required
- Strengthens and waterproofs all cementitious substrates.
- Improves the adhesion qualities of cement and resists substrate movement.
- Good abrasion resistance.
- UV stable.
- Non-toxic and environmentally friendly.