Optima Coatings Durasilane WB is a water-based, solvent free emulsion which serves as a high quality, general-purpose water repellent for impregnating and priming mineral surfaces. Durasilane WB contains a stabilized mixture of silanes and siloxanes that are susceptible to hydrolysis. Hydrolysis occurs only after application of Durasilane WB to the substrate, which breaks the emulsion. Alcohol is then released and the Durasilane WB emulsion is converted into a silicone resin water repellent.
- Excellent water repellent for many absorbent mineral substrates, such as bricks, sand-lime brick, natural sandstone and mineral plasters.
- The aqueous consistency and storage stability when diluted, makes Optima Coatings Durasilane WB ideal for implant impregnation of building materials made of clay, aerated concrete, sand-lime brick, fibrous cement, mineral fibres and lightweight aggregate.
- Water-repellent primer for emulsion paints and plasters, silicone resin emulsion paints and silicone resin plasters.
- Protect facades and buildings against water ingress.
- Not suitable for less absorbent, dense natural stone, especially limestone, marble and reinforced concrete for bridges and roads.
- Reduces the capillary absorption of the building material which it has penetrated, but does not clog pores or capillaries. There is therefore little or no impairment of the building material´s ability to “breathe”.
- Good depth of penetration.
- Provides good adhesion for paints.
- Water-based and environmentally friendly.
- Stable in storage, even when diluted.
- Good resistance to alkalis.
- Rapid development of water repellence.
- 600mL per m² per coat. Applied in a 2 or 3 coat application.
- Horizontal surfaces: 300mL per m². Applied in a 2 coat application.
- Vertical or overhead surfaces: 200mL per m². Applied in a 3 coat application
- Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
5L & 20L