Duratop 460 PU
Duratop 460 PU is a multi-component, single layer, seamless, trowel-able polyurethane mortar for the protection of concrete floors subject to high levels of traffic, impact and abrasion. It has a textured matt finish possessing a wide spectrum of chemical resistance. Urethane-concrete floors are extremely tough while enhanced flexibility provides excellent impact resistance and reduces the risk of cracking due to substrate movement. It can also withstand direct steam impact.
It is the most suitable material for flooring around high heat sources, in chemical spill areas, wash areas and offloading areas, providing moisture permeability, abrasion resistance, impact resistance and cleaning properties. It may be used where high rates of moisture transmission are required or where residual moisture exists, such that the use of non-breathing, moisture-sensitive or impervious flooring systems cannot be used.
Duratop 460 PU is used as the flooring material of choice in:
- Meat, fish and poultry processing.
- Food and beverage production.
- Dairies, cheese and milk production.
- Cold rooms, chillers and freezers.
- Pharmaceutical production and chemical plants.
- Fast application/rapid access- Can be applied to 6-day-old concrete or 2 day old polymer screeds.
- Short curing time.
- Hygienic/Safe- Slip resistant, non-tainting, non-dusting, monolithic (minimum joints), easy to maintain, microbiologically inert.
- New or old floors can be treated.
- Good impact and abrasion resistance.
- Durable/long life- Wide chemical resistance, wear and impact resistant, resists temperatures from -40°C to 120°C at 9mm thickness.
- Pre-packed and pre-weighed for immediate use; batch to-batch colour matched for consistency.
- Resists organic and inorganic acids, bases and salts.
Duratop 460 PU polyurethane concrete should be applied 6 to 12mm thick, depending on the service and cleaning temperatures expected, as well as the severity of the traffic expected.
12kg per m² applied at a DFT of 6mm.
18kg per m² applied at a DFT of 9mm
Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.