Duratop CUP (Clear Urethane Primer) is a single component aliphatic polyurethane primer, which is used to seal, consolidate and prime porous surfaces such as cement and wood prior to application of a polyurethane coating.
Optima Coatings Duratop CUP can be used as a sealer to prime porous substrates such as cement and wood.
- Good penetration of extremely dense or power-floated concrete.
- Can be used on both interior and exterior surfaces as Duratop CUP does not yellow, discolour or degrade from UV penetration when used with clear topcoats.
- Provides a moisture barrier, which will prevent subsequent urethane coatings from developing a loss of clarity or pinholes.
- Does not acid etch the surface and therefore can also be used on aesthetically pleasing substrates where
it will provide enhanced adhesion without matting or otherwise damaging the surface.
- Seals porous substrates so that gases cannot escape and produce bubbles in the topcoat.
7m² per litre per coat. Applied in a one coat application.
1L & 5L
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.