Marinekote is a single-component polyurethane coating incorporating anti-slip silicone particles that provides an attractive slip-resistant surface for wet or dry walkways in marine environments. Its moisture-cure aliphatic polyurethane composition provides easy application with an extremely abrasion and weather resistant film.
Marinekote has an attractive, low gloss finish which is easy to clean. Marinekote comes in attractive standard marine colours that will not fade or yellow from UV radiation.
- Boat decks.
- Stowage areas.
- Tough and weather resistant.
- Easy to apply, simply apply by brush or roller.
- Can be overcoated or repaired.
- Resists diesel, petroleum and many solvents, good resistance to organic and inorganic acids.
- Bonds to fibre-glass, wood and most other surfaces without a primer.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Good inherent flexibility to allow for substrate movement.
- Fast drying and cure- trafficable after only 4 hours.
- Will not taint water or food once cured.
3-4 m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application with a total dry film thickness of 300 microns.
Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
1L & 5L
Low Gloss lightly textured
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.