Opti Prime Etch
Opti Prime Etch is a high-adhesion metal primer with excellent etching properties. This quality metal primer is solvent based and contains acids and adhesion promoters that etch the metal surface ensuring excellent adhesion. Opti Prime Etch is quick drying and can be overcoated with most paints within two hours of application.
Opti Prime Etch can be used to etch new metal and aid the adhesion of topcoats on metal surfaces such as aluminium and steel.
- Quick drying – can be topcoated with most paints within 2 hours.
- Bonds exceptionally well to metal.
- Leaves a protective coating that bonds well with paint.
- Heat resistant up to 220°C.
- Can be used on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Resistant to both acid and alkali.
- 8 – 10 m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 1 coat application.
- Coverage will vary depending on the porosity of the surface.
1L, 5L & 20L
Black, Grey and Red
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.