Opti Prime ZR
Opti Prime ZR is a single component, solvent borne, zinc rich ethyl silicate primer, providing active, anti-corrosive, galvanic protection to steel. It is a thick grey liquid of paint-like consistency, recommended for use where chloride induced attack on steel and concrete is involved.
- Long-term anti-corrosive protection:
- In industrial and marine environments: Ship building, port installations, oil rigs, bridges, refineries, and chemical plants.
- At high temperatures: Drying ovens, flues, smokestacks and chimneys.
- For chemical exposure: Linings and coatings for storage containers, pipelines and coolers.
- A protective coating for steel reinforcing bars in concrete.
- A touch-up primer for damaged galvanized metal.
- A primer for steel substrates prior to suitable topcoating.
- Provides positive protection of steel components against corrosion.
- Excellent adhesion to steel.
- Easy to use single component material, no mixing required.
- No pot-life restrictions or wastage.
- Short overcoating time.
- Anti-settling – no hard precipitation even after long standing periods.
When used for coating steel, 165 linear metres, per litre, of 16mm diameter bar per coat and pro rata or 7.5m²/litre/coat.
1L & 5L
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.