Optima Coatings Protectakote UVR is an anti-slip aliphatic polyurethane coating, which forms a colour-fast, abrasion and weather resistant film. Protectakote UVR is single-component, ready to use and easy to apply. Protectakote UVR is ideal for use as an anti-slip protective coating for indoor and exterior applications.
- Outdoor flooring applications.
- Stairs, emergency exits and fire escapes.
- Ramps for wheelchair access.
- Exterior non-slip areas for playgrounds and schools.
- Helicopter pads.
- Non-slip areas around machinery.
- Load areas of pick-up trucks and other commercial and military vehicles.
- Floors and steps of transporters and busses.
- Excellent UV and weather resistance.
- Tough and flexible.
- Impact and abrasion resistant.
- Prevents rust and corrosion.
- High adhesion to most surfaces including metal, concrete, wood, fiberglass, PVC and rubber.
- Easy to apply, no specialised equipment required.
- Can be overcoated or repaired.
- Resists many solvents, good chemical resistance to organic and inorganic acids.
- Drying time can be accelerated if necessary.
1.5 m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application at a total dry film thickness of 300 microns.
Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
1L & 5L
Smooth or Textured non-slip
A range of standard colours is available
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.