Protectakote WB (water-based) is a single pack solvent-free polyurethane coating which cures into an attractive, tough, textured anti-slip coating with excellent weather, chemical and abrasion resistance. A non-textured smooth version is also available for use as a protective coating or as a touch-up coating which will not alter the texture of existing textured applications. This water-based coating is non-flammable with a low odour which makes it safe for interior and exterior use.
Protectakote WB is suitable for interior and exterior use and can be applied to metal, concrete, wood, fibre-glass, PVC, rubber, glazed tiles and previously painted surfaces.
Protectakote WB can be used for:
- To create safe, anti-slip areas on light industrial and commercial floors.
- Ramps for wheelchair access.
- Emergency exits and fire escapes.
- Anti-slip areas around machinery.
- Bridges, steps, walkways.
- Cork floors
- Boat decks and helicopter pads.
- Anti-slip areas in showers, change rooms and ablution blocks.
- Any other areas where an anti-slip coating is required.
- Floors and steps of transporters and busses.
- An automotive coating to protect load beds, tail lifts, chassis, and wheel-arches of 4×4’s, trucks, pick-up trucks, trailers, commercial vehicles and other specialized vehicles.
- Smooth finish is ideal as a protective coating for indoor flooring applications, and can also be used to refurbish textured areas without adding more profile.
- Low odour.
- Weather resistant.
- Easy to clean up – simply use water before it cures.
- Single component – ready to use direct from can.
- Easy to apply – no skilled labour required.
- Fast drying.
- Polyurethane performance – ultimate toughness.
- Can be overcoated.
- Rubber crumb texture.
- Tough and flexible – wont chip, flake or peel.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals and solvents.
- Prevents rust and corrosion.
- Excellent capacity to repel water.
- High adhesion to most surfaces including metal, concrete, wood, fibre-glass and PVC.
- Repairable – bonds to itself.
- Will not taint water or food once fully cured.
- Available in a smooth or textured anti-slip finish as well as a wide variety of colours.
4m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application.
A minimum of 2 coats are required. Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
1L & 5L
Smooth or Textured
Black, Grey, Red, Yellow, Beige, Cream, Orange, White, Blue and Green
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.