Protectakote is a tough, textured, anti-slip polyurethane coating which is ideal for floors, factory work-stations, walkways, stairs, ramps, vehicles and other areas where a flexible, durable and long lasting non-slip surface is important.
- To create safe, non-slip areas on indoor flooring applications.
- Ramps for wheelchair access.
- Emergency exits and fire escapes.
- Non-slip areas around machinery.
- For floors and steps of transporters and buses.
- Bridges, steps and walkways.
- Smooth finish is ideal as a protective coating for indoor flooring applications, and can also be used to refurbish textured areas without adding more profile.
- Tough and flexible.
- Impact resistant – will not chip, flake or peel.
- Non-abrasive – will not damage or scratch.
- Single component – ready to use direct from can.
- Easy to apply – no skilled labour required.
- Resists many solvents and has good chemical resistance to organic and inorganic acids.
- Excellent capacity to repel water.
- High adhesion to most surfaces including metal, concrete, wood, fibre-glass, PVC and rubber (except unprimed metal and olefin polymers, eg. PE and PP).
- Available in a lower viscosity spray version.
- Drying time can be accelerated if necessary.
- Can be overcoated and easily repaired.
- Will not taint water or food once cured.
1.5m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application with a total dry film thickness of 300 microns.
Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
1L & 5L
Smooth or Textured anti-slip
A large range of standard colours.
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.