Safekote is a single-component polyurethane coating incorporating anti-slip particles that provide an attractive slip-resistant surface. Safekote has an attractive, low gloss finish which is easy to apply and to clean. The non abrasive, anti-slip silicone particles of Safekote make it perfect for use in environments such as hospitals, hotels or children’s playgrounds.
- On slippery floors exposed to water such as showers, change rooms and ablution blocks.
- Clear Safekote is ideal for providing a non-slip coating on surfaces such as marble, wood or any other substrate with an aesthetic surface.
- Small silicone non slip particles which are not painful to walk on with bare feet.
- Easy to apply, simply apply by brush or roller.
- Bonds to fibre-glass, wood and most other surfaces without a primer.
- Can be overcoated or repaired.
- Resists diesel, petroleum and many solvents, good resistance to organic and inorganic acids.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Easy to clean.
- Good inherent flexibility to allow for substrate movement.
- Fast drying and cure- trafficable after only 4 hours.
- Tough and weather resistant.
3-4 m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application with a total dry film thickness of 300 microns.
Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
1L & 5L
Low Gloss lightly textured
While Optima Coatings makes every effort to ensure that paint colours match those shown on this website, variations will occur due to different computer screens. Please ask your Optima Coatings Technical Sales Consultant for more accurate colour swatches. To ensure consistency of sheen and colour, always check that paint containers carry the same batch number.